Braids inspired by Cassie

Hey Guys....

So I saw this photo of Cassie (Ventura) on my instagram @brightoncurlyg <---- give me follow if your not already doing so) and I just loved the way she had done her braids/dutch braids.

She's so gorgeous and I thought i'd attempt to braid my natural hair like this (she has extensions in hers hense why they look so thick).






So it took me about an hour to do and here's what my hair looked like when I was done....yes I am wearing a Leopard print onesie because its cold today and its soo comfy!!



To accomplish this I used:
- Fishtail comb
- Wide tooth comb
- 10 small hair ties
- Argan/coconut oil
- ORS smooth and easy hair gel for my edges
- Eyebrow brush/tooth brush for my edges


So I comb through my hair with the wide tooth comb to get any knots out and then I apply some Argan/Coconut oil to moisturise my hair.

I then counted that I needed 9 braids and figured out how thick each one needed to be for them to all be even. I then used my fish tail comb to make the first line and tied the rest up. Now if you don't know how to braid/dutch braid there's loads of videos on youtube you can check out but its virtually taking extra pieces of hair each time you are going down a normal braid/plait.

To get the design that Cassie has, you have to make your hair lines/sections angled to about 90 degrees and I used my eyebrows as a guideline. Remember every other braid you do is a very thin one, so alternate the 1st braid is thick and then the next is 3x thinner and then the next one is as thick as the 1st one.

Try to keep the thickness for the thicker and thinner ones consistent and when you get to the middle one this can be a bit thicker than all the rest (or you can keep it the same totally upto you).



As you keep braiding through remember to detangle the ends as they get all tanged during the braiding process:



Use some super thin hair ties (any colour or colours of your choice) to secure your braid and move onto the next one. You can also do this on curly hair and damp hair.....I had my hair straight when I did it but it will still work and it works best on hair that's a couple of days old or a week old (mine was 2 weeks old)


When your finished braiding, add a bit of the Argan/coconut oil to your ends and to the lines in your hair and style your edges (baby hair which ever you call it) and eh your all done!



I'd probably say do the thin ones as thin as you can and don't make the middle one too much thicker than the rest just for a more polished look but i'm quite happy with how mine turned out!


Give it a go and comment with photo's of your attempt.....I would love to see them! You can do more than 9 braids and maybe do 15 or you can do less with just 5 braids!

Love Curly G
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask