Curly Hair to Straight Hair

Heya...

So I've been wearing my hair naturally curly for a few months now and fancied a bit of a change. I am going to straighten my hair.

Now using heat on your hair is never good as it always leaves your hair damaged, dry and brittle.




I tend to straighten my hair once every 3months give or take and try not to exceed 4/5 times a year..... a lot of natural girls will tell you to never straighten your hair but I think its personal choice and some people will do it for a length check whilst others just like mixing it up and having straight hair for a change.

You can still have healthy hair even if you do use heat but it's just a case of minimising the heat you use and always do a repairing hair mask/deep condition whenever you've used any heat.

Anyway I have ALOT of hair on my head, its super thick and takes me about 2 hours to wash, blow dry and straighten it.

So here's what I use:



- Wide tooth hair comb
- Hair ties
- Hair clips
- Argan Oil
- Anti-frizz serum
- Olive oil Heat Protection Serum
- Hair Dryer & Hair Straightener

I have had my curls in my hair for about 6 days and they're a bit dry, frizzy and just don't have much definition left.




I just wash my hair and apply conditioner for about 3minutes and rinse out. I then dry my hair with a microfiber towel (this locks in the moisture or a cotton t-shirt will do) and comb through my hair with the wide tooth comb (less strain on your hair). Apply the Argan oil to your damp hair and finger comb to spread it through and after that I apply the anti frizz serum focussing on the ends of my hair.

Separate you hair into 2 or 4 sections and blow dry (I use the lower level of heat not the highest). It takes me about 30minutes to blow dry and then eh my hair looks like this??? I literally look like I belong in the safari giving the Lions a run for their money with this mane?!! ......so so much hair!





Once this is done I section off my hair into very small pieces and tie the rest in a bun. I apply the anti-heat serum (VERY IMPORTANT TO ALWAYS USE A HEAT PROTECTANT SERUM) and finger comb through my hair to spread the serum evenly. You get a better result when you straighten small chunks but YES I know it takes twice as long but you get much better results.

This takes me about an hour or so and then I have my straight hair which if I am honest is a lot easier to manage on a day to day basis but I obviously love my natural curls the most they just take a little more time to do especially when you live in England where the sun doesn't shine as often so it takes a while for your hair to dry naturally.


Just remember to still moisturise your hair every morning/evening just as you would do if it was curly and I tend to wrap my hair overnight to keep it straight and moisturised.

The will last me between 1week - 2 weeks depending on how I maintain it and I do not use anymore heat on my hair.

My previous blog on a Super easy DIY hair mask will help to repair some of that heat damage when your ready to wash and repair the heat damage.

Let me know what tips you use on your hair after heat damage and I will definitely give them a try.

Until next time ladies,

Stay positive and inspired

Love Curly G

xxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask