Umberto Giannini Curl Range | Full Review

Hi there lovelies,


Hope you're all having a fab day and making the most of each day you are blessed with!

As for me I have been doing the usual work hustle, deep conditioning weekly and recently got back from holiday where I spent a week on a yacht......trust me when I say this was a challenge with the sea water daily! But I shall be posting all about what holy grail products I chose to take with me soon....so stay tuned!

Anyway onto todays exciting post! (Ps I'm posting this jamming to 'The Jackson 5 - I want you back'.....classic!).
Umberto Giannini have graciously sent me some of their products for me to try out and this post is all about their 'Curls' range. I have been trying out their products for a few months so I have a good idea of each of these products.





Alright so I have done a wash and go using only their products so here we go (PS their products are not Curly Girl friendly..... they do have parabens, silicones & sulphates): 




1) 60 Second Curls - 1 Minute Moisture Mask:

I start with this product as a moisture mask, its a thin but creamy consistency and the whole range smells pretty good. Not an overpowering smell that you usually get with curly hair products. I leave this in for 5 minutes rather than 1 minute as I have super, duper dry hair. If your hair is thinner and less frizzy then 1 minute will do you just fine. This product definitely leaves my hair super soft but doesn't give me much slip to detangle.




2) Curl Care - Enhancing Conditioner:

Now there isn't a leave in conditioner in the Curls Range so I use this as a leave in conditioner. It is quite a thin and runny consistency but not the most moisturising conditioner I have used. I think this product is more for thinner, looser curls than those with thick tight coils. None the less this is great as a top up product when you're on day 3/4 curls and need to give your curls a boost due the thin consistency it certainly doesn't weigh your hair down.


3) Crème de Curl - Curl Control Cream:

The next step is followed with the Curl Control Cream. I actually quite like this product again it is a thin consistency but I find it gives a nice finish on my curls where is doesn't weight them down but still gives good definition. I love using this product for my twist outs and braid outs.


4) Curly Jelly - Scrunching Jelly:

The curl jelly is actually one of my absolute favourites in their entire range....it's the perfect thin but thick consistency and glides on my hair so well. My curls soak this product up so quickly and the great thing is that a little goes such a long way with this Scrunching Jelly. It leaves my curls perfectly intact and smells great. I would say be careful to not use too much as it will weigh your curls down if too much is used.

Umberto have recently created a new scrunching jelly with their new range 'Boho Beach' and this one has coconut oil in it, smells even better than the original. This new one is a must try...honestly it is amazing for soft, defined curls! In all honestly this is my favourite product they do.


5) Curl Whip - Curl Activating Mousse:

The curl activating mouse is probably the product I have used the least from their curl range. This is simply due to the fact that I love the scrunching jelly so much, that's all I use to give my curls hold after styling. It smells just as good as the other products, glides and dissolves into your hair just as nicely as the gel does. If you've got thinner, looser curls this is probably a better product for you if the gel is too heavy for your hair.


6) Weather Proof Curls - Finishing Cream:

This is another one of my favourites in the range, the finishing cream has a nice creamy consistency and I find it gives a good moisturised finish to my curls. I use this as a sealant for all the products in my wash and go as well as a top up when I need to give my curls a little boost....my curly sistas we all know the day 3 onwards struggle to give the curls bounce and life without rewashing!


7) No More Frizz - Anti Frizz Serum:

The anti frizz serum is a pretty standard smoothing serum, it does what is says on the bottle. I use this also as a sealant for all the products in my wash and go...I alternate between this product and the weather proof one. The serum has a nice smooth and silky consistency and my hair definitely absorbs this product in quickly. Its great for adding some shine to your hair.  


8) Curls In A Bottle - Catwalk Curls Styling Spray:

This is another product in the 'Curls' range that I haven't used as much as the others. I have used it in the mornings before work as a little spritzer to my curls and as a finisher to revitalizes my old curls. It does help tame those little frizzy flyways.


So that's the last of the products I have tried, there is a curls shampoo but I am of those curlies that doesn't really invest in shampoo's as I go through 10x more styling products and conditioners. The results of my wash and go are below and I was pretty happy with the results.....this wash and go actually lasted 6 days which I was chuffed about. The 'Curls' range is more for thinner and looser curls but definitely has got a couple of gems for us thicker & frizzier ladies.....lets also not forget it is vegan friendly which is just fab!



Until next time,

Stay true to yourself and do what makes you happy!

Love Curly G
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask