That Single and Happy Life 😄

Hey Guys.....

So I thought i'd share some thoughts on being single, content and generally happy with being in singlesville!

So I've been single for just under 2 years now...that's HAPPILY single at that too. I find a lot of pressure to be in a relationship comes from older family and older family friends who grew up in a completely different era where by 21 you were married with kids and/or courting as my aunt always says when she's had a glass too many of her beloved red wine  and it seems her favourite saying lately has been "Keep an Aspirin between your Knee's"!




I also come from an African Culture (Zimbabwean) where you're either seeing someone, dating someone or in a committed relationship. All family events the questions never change (How's the boyfriend, Where's the new boyfriend, When you getting married, When we meeting your new boyfriend) and for some unknown reason my family always thinks i'm hiding me fella from them or they just being nosey parkers.

To top this all off I have my boss (an older Iranian woman) on an active mission  to find me a husband because 24 years of age I should be settled.....every work outing when she's sipped too much Laurent Perrier champagne its the topic of the night whilst she runs through her list of suitable Barista's, Lawyers and Surveyors that she has decided have to be between 4-6 years older than me.

Now one of the most important things my mother has taught me is how to be independent, humble and learning to love yourself first before you love someone else.

We grow up in a society learning that you need a man/woman to complete you and to make you happy, especially coming from an African culture where if you're not married by a certain age or dating someone steadily by a certain age "YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG" which is you ask me is a complete load of nonsense.

If you find someone you really admire, they help you grow, appreciate you, make you want to be a better person and most of all make you smile all the time even when you don't want to then FANTASTIC! Hold onto that and work, improve and grow together...but until that point, don't be ashamed to be single, don't feel depressed to be single because to be single does not mean to be alone!

Learn about yourself (the good, the bad, the ugly) and you will surprise yourself. Take care of YOU and put YOURSELF and your needs first. Learn to love those freckles you hate, learn to love those stretch marks you can't bear to look at but most of all ...... Learn who you are and what you are capable of.

You will do nothing but grow and flourish the more you learn about yourself, work on the things you don't like because once you can live with yourself and look yourself in the mirror and accept this is you, that you are one of a kind and you will then realise your true potential and your true worth.

So put on those favourite shoes of yours, go dancing all night, travel somewhere new, do something you've always wanted to do and most of all have a BLAST doing so.

I have travelled with friends, family and alone. I have learnt more about myself in these past 2 years than I could ever imagine (Some good some not so good but its OKAY). I have learnt to love the scars on my legs, I have learnt to love my natural hair texture, I have learnt to love my height (I am 5ft 7) and learning to love myself and learning to be happy on my own has made me the most at peace I have ever felt and the best thing I have learnt is SELF-WORTH.

When the time comes you will find someone that's right for you but in the meantime don't force it and make the most of the time you have with yourself (mind, body & spirit).

- don't take things to heart
- forgive yourself for your mistakes
- take the opportunities that come your way
-forgive and forget anyone that ever made you feel like less than you truly are
- stay humble and grateful
- TRUST YOUR GUT FEELING
- keep good people around you
- do something for you everyday
- put yourself and your health first
- have fun and find the best in every experience


 Love Curly G
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask