"Twisted Sista" Product Review

Heyya,

So I am trying out a bunch of new products that we have available in the UK to find what suits my curly hair best.

I thought I'd kick it off with the "Twisted Sista" Range from Urban Decay as this was one of the very first brands I started using when I began the journey of embracing my natural curls back in 2008.....

Now I'll be honest I do still use heat in my hair on a low heat to dry my hair and I have restricted flat ironing my hair to once a couple of months.









Now the good thing about this range is that it is available in most places in the UK (Poundland, 99p stores, Savers, Factory shop, Superdrug etc)!

The product smells so good..... It smells fresh with what I think is a scent of watermelons. I can never get enough of it plus I kinda like the packaging! Now down to the nitty gritty:

I used the de-frizz shampoo after a hair mask which I actually did like the shampoo. It did what I needed it to do and left my hair soft and smelling lovely.

I then styled my hair with the curl activator and the 30second curl spray. The curl activator is a rather thick cream and gives the impression it will leave your hair beautifully moisturised but I found it didn't do much for my hair and even though I applied HALF the bottle it just didn't lock in the moisture and enable my hair to curl nicely leaving me wanting to apply more and more. It almost made my hair feel like I had put in a mousse (dry and sticky feeling).

I used the 30 second curl activator in the morning to refresh my curls but aside from the GORGEOUS smell it dampened my hair and for some reason I actually lost the curl definition due to the texture of the spray not doing as much moisturising but again giving a mousse feel and no moisture!

I would suggest using the 30 second curl activator just so you can have that FAB smell in your hair and soak in all the compliments people give you! Otherwise use a product that gives your hair more moisture and isn't as drying on your hair.

I will be doing more product reviews of products we currently have in the UK..... Stay tuned and of course the next post I will upload a photo of my hair :).

Curly G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask