A Mini Trip to Rome

Hey Ladies,

Today I have a slightly different post about my recent trip to Italy with my mother and a little disastrous hair situation I had.




Alright so I will begin this story right at the beginning.......




I've never been on a trip with just my mum and me so I was planning on going to Italy alone initially and then decided I needed quality time with my mumma bear! So basically my mother moved back to Zimbabwe just over 2 years ago now so I see her once/twice a year when either she visits or I visit. We are incredibly close and our relationship goes beyond just mother and daughter, she is my best friend, daughter, sister, father (my father passed away when I was 11), advisor, teacher etc.

Anyway at the start of our trip en route to the airport we cut our timing very very short...I mean we got to the airport with just over an hour until departure and we were unable to check in online the night before hand! We rushed to our check-in desk and the man at the desk told us there was only 1 available seat left as the flight was over booked by 5 people (this is pretty standard for flights to be overbooked hence why they always say arrive early). My mother and I just stared at each other blankly both knowing it was our own fault for cutting it so fine with time. A few minutes later he says that the system is allowing him to book 2 seats and he checks us in.....PHEW! Panic over!

We rushed to the departure lounge which ironically was the furthest away in the airport and turned out the flight was delayed by an hour or so, so we sat and watched all the other passengers that were running in like us thinking the gates were closing only to find everyone still chilling in the lobby.

We had booked a beautiful apartment in Italy and we were lucky with our host who met us at the train station and walked us to the place. She was extremely energetic and incredibly chatty which was initially annoying but grew on us as she was so thoughtful and made a beautiful breakfast spread for us plus made sure anything we could possibly need we had it.

Now I had a total hair disaster leading up to and during this trip. We only took hand luggage and I couldn't bring any of my conditioners/styling creams with me (totally my fault) and I was really due a wash. I assumed there would be a shop nearby that I could grab a conditioner in but they only had shampoo!! Anyway so I still had quite a bit of product in my hair from 2 days prior so I wet my hair, shoved in lots of virgin olive oil and added 2 braids to my hair.....it worked a treat for 1 day.








I checked a few stores but there was no conditioner in any of them just shampoo's and I eventually found 1 conditioner that I bought (I don't remember the name...it was a purple bottle and smelled of lavender) desperate times I bought it chucked probably what was far too much in my hair and left it to air dry.



There were so may things to do In Rome we were spoilt for choice....I will list down where we went. I must say though it is really easy to get around Rome with their Metro (underground/subway) and most places are in walking distance from each other. I must confess we over indulged in ice-cream on this trip we had it once/twice every day but it was too good to say no! The weather was pretty good around 25-27 degrees so you know I had to rock shorts and make the most of the weather.

- St Pauls Cathedral
- St Peters Basilica
- Coliseum
- Trevi Fountain
- Another random little fountain (I don't remember the name)
- Another cathedral (St Maggi I think but it was closed)





















We indulged in the usual Italian foods Pizza and Pasta whilst my mum had her fair share of seafood entree's. She loves prawns and expected it to come with prawns but each time there was squid and other random bits of seafood (not for me, I just had bruschetta or salad)





We ended our trip with a lovely meal at Eataly restaurant which our apartment host had ravished about and it was just as amazing as we expected. Of course we had pasta, some red wine and we sat for a few hours watching the world go by.

This trip was significant for both my mother and I as we both needed a break from our normal routine and day to day tasks. We got to spend some precious quality time together as adults and individuals re-learning old and new things about each other.





We to easily get older and forget our parents. What I mean by this is we get our own lives and move away from home (in my case they moved away from us) and forget to regularly interact and include our parents in our lives. Your parents may be whatever age they are but inside they are still this young and excitable individual that wants to have fun and explore new places with their loved ones.

I feel incredibly blessed and humbled I got to explore a new city for the first time with my mother and we shared this experience together. I could feel how happy she was to spend time with me and the feeling was mutual.

So guys remember to include you parents In your life and continue making new memories with them.

Social Media: Make sure you give me a follow!

Twitter:                      @BrightonCurlyG
Instagram:                  @BrightonCurlyG

Until next time,

Love Curly G.
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask