Hydrated and Bouncy Curls | Summer Routine ft Garnier Ultimate Blends

Hi Guys....






Hope you are all well and had a fabulous weekend! I know I haven't posted in a few months and this is just because I allowed myself to be overloaded with stress from work/personal/family life.

It all got a bit much and I honestly was that negative Nancy that no-one wanted around! It's super important to always look after yourself and your mental space instead of always trying to help others....I have really learnt to protect my space and my energy around me. Sharing that energy is scared and should only be shared with individuals that will value and nurture it. I'd love to know how you guys manage and deal with these situations?....comment below and let me know....I chose to take a break and go on holiday for a week to clear my head which worked a treat!

Anyway enough about that and lets talk about my fabulous new summer/moisturised and hydrating hair routine! I switched up some new products that I think will work great for you if you're in a hot/humid country or just taking a break somewhere so here we go....




I will start off by saying if you strictly follow the curly girl method then most of these products are not inline with those guidelines apart from one but if you're like me and are not explicitly opposed using other products then girl I got you covered!




1) I start off shampooing my hair with the Garnier Ultimate Blends - Coconut water and Aloe Vera range which is Silicone & Paraben free (Good stuff). It does have sulphates but the shampoo smells really nice and fresh, has a nice consistency and lathers really well. I love this shampoo as it leaves my hair feeling so clean, soft and hydrated! This gets a solid 8/10 from me.




2) I follow this by using the Aussie - Repair Miracle Conditioner which I actually just picked up last minute for my holiday as I needed a small bottle (them hand luggage restrictions) but I was so pleasantly surprised by how well my curls took to this product! Again this isn't curly girl method friendly but I really like this as a deep conditioning mask.....it give fantastic slip for detangling and just leaving it in for 3 minutes whilst  I showered my hair was super soft and bouncy! I was impressed....I will definitely be using this with my DIY hair masks as a base moving forward. My hair had good definition and it was moisturised after rinsing out this conditioner. I'd give this a solid 8.5/10.





3) Next I use the Garnier Ultimate Blends - Coconut Water & Aloe Vera conditioner as my leave in for styling. This smells even better than the shampoo, also has no silicone or parabens and the consistency I really like. It's not too thick and not too thin which is great for slippage and also great for those hydrated and elongated curls! I put a generous amount through my hair by separating into small sections and my hair just soaked up all the moisture.




4) The next product I use is one of my all time favourites......the Cantu - Coconut Curling Cream! I just adore this product, its smells divine and my curls just soak it right in! The consistency is quite thick for some people but I love the creamy texture! I apply a generous amount through my hair focussing on the ends (about a tablespoon per side) and I now do almost like a shingling method to get more definition.




5) Lastly I use the Umberto Giannini - Boho Beach Jelly to lock in all the products. Again this is my favourite in the summer as its super light weight and smells good. It gives medium hold (it isn't curly girl method friendly)......I apply about a pound coin amount in my palm and use it to scrunch each side of my hair to encourage my curls to form and get better definition.




After this I leave it to air dry and as always try not to touch or play with your hair in the drying process. The results are fabulous moisturised, hydrated and bouncy curls! I was so impressed with how my curls turned out with these products I just had to share with you guys!



Give these products a try and let me know how you get on.....I'd love to know if they worked for your hair as well as they worked for me!

Remember to always stay true to you and to protect your space.....it's important to be there for yourself first and take care of you before anybody else!

Until next time,

Love Curly G
xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask