Pureplex Review | Is it an Olaplex Dupe?

Hi Guys,

Hope you're all doing well on this fabulous bank holiday (if your in the UK) and soaking up these beautiful sun rays we have been blessed with! I certainly have......caught a little tan, done my gardening & housework and of course washday.


So today, I am going to be giving you guys an honest review on an Olaplex dupe. If you don't know what Olaplex is then where have you been?.... It is a reparative bond multiplier that works to rebuild broken hair and reconnect broken/damaged hair bonds. When Olaplex came out it was a revolutionary product and there wasn't anything like it out there so it quickly became very popular.

There are now a couple of other 'bond multipliers' out there, I know L'Oréal do one. These products tend to be more on the pricier end of the products scale which not everyone can afford nor are prepared to justify that money on hair products. I have used Olaplex a couple of times when bleaching/dying my hair and it definitely makes a difference for me personally and has helped me maintain healthier hair.

To cut a long story short, I was in Superdrug and this new product caught my eye....namely the price! It was just £12.99 and compared to other bond multipliers, this was a steal!




The product I picked up was 'Knight & Wilson - Pureplex' branded as a Revolutionary hair repair system.


This packaging has some pretty big statements on it 'revolutionary' and 'healthier hair after just one treatment'. So as always I put it to the test just for you guys. Now the package comes with 4 products inside.

Part 1: Clarifying Shampoo

The first step is to clarify your hair with the shampoo to remove product build up & remove impurities. The shampoo was just a standard shampoo nothing necessarily special about it, had a basic smell and lathered well. I did find that the shampoo dried out my hair a bit after using it which for us curly girls is not a good thing as we need more moisture in our hair. As a standard shampoo I guess it did its job.



Part 2: Bond Protecting Treatment

Part 2 prepares your hair for part 3. It comes in a good sized bottle and it virtually just like water if I am honest, the texture is very watery and it's clear in complexion. It didn't particularly smell of anything and I couldn't really figure out the purpose of it but none the less you apply/message this throughout your hair and towel dry any excess. You leave it in your hair for 5 minutes and do not rinse it out.


Part 3: Bond Reconstructing Treatment 

Part 3 rebuilds the hairs natural structure and boots volume. This product also comes in a decent sized bottle compared to step 1 and 4. It has a really thick consistency and smells pretty good, it has a nice and fresh smell that isn't over bearing. This is the money product I guess that does all the work in repairing your hair. You apply this over Part 2 in your hair gently messaging it in. Following this, you leave it in for 15 minutes.


My hair felt super soft and moisturised with this product and my sculp felt so good. I was impressed with the definition my curls had before I applied anything to them at this stage. I had little waves in the damaged part of my curls that are normally just straight.



Part 4: Conditioner

Part 4 restores, nourishes and hydrates your hair. This packaging is as small as the shampoo, so it's just for 1 use. The conditioner smells the same as the reconstructing treatment but has a much thinner consistency. It is so silky (which I loved) and runny so perfect for detangling your hair (if they gave you enough, again for someone with thick curly hair there just wasn't enough product to saturate my hair). You leave the conditioner in for 1 minute and then rinse to style as normal.


I styled my hair as normal and I was so chuffed with how bouncy, soft and healthy my hair felt. I left it to air dry and I am unsure as to what happened with my hair but it dried really frizzy and had barely any definition.....basically it was a disaster. I was so perplexed by this as I had so much definition when it was damp but during the drying process the definition had disappeared. 


The following day I restyled my hair praying I hadn't done something that damaged my curls permanently and to my surprise my curls bounced back better than ever. I had so much definition and soooo much volume and thickness I was shooketh! These are my results on day 2:


I really thought I was going to post this as a failed attempt but I guess this product works best overtime. My following restyling sessions after the 1st use of Pureplex had my curls getting more and more definition especially on my most damaged parts. I definitely give this product a thumbs up and would certainly use it again....I'm not very keen on the shampoo nor the protecting treatment as they did nothing for my hair texture but the last 2 stages definitely impressed me. Just look at the definition below guys....seriously! 






















For a whopping £12.99 I am super impressed. Let me know if you have tried this product and had a similar outcome as me? I am intrigued if anyone had a bad first result and then the days following your hair just got healthier and heathier?

I'd love to know your thoughts!

As always, stay positive and blessed

Love Curly G
xxx

Comments

  1. My hair felt a bit dry not as soft as usual but definitely felt stronger with not as much breakage I bought the shampoo & conditioner as well & I have enough of step 2 & 3 to do it again Do you know if you can use again once it's been opened or do you have to dispose of it there seemed quite a lot of product in step 2 & 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask