Winter Curly Hair Routine | Colour Safe | Product Cocktail

Hi there,

How's your day been so far? Good and positive vibes I hope :)

I've achieved quite a lot today....cleaned my room, washed my hair, washed my car (yes I washed it myself and belief me it was a chore), went for a jog, uploaded a vlog and this blog!

It just shows your days are what you make of them and you can surprise yourself with what you can accomplish by simply removing the "T" from can't. I'm currently typing this watching 'The Midwife' on BBC....does anyone watch this, I am addicted!

Right to crack on what this blog post is actually about....my winter routine for my coloured hair and of course a bit of a cocktail mixture with products.





Sometimes we find a brand that works for us and we stick to that brand but sometimes a bit of a variation in products is good. So here we go:

STEP 1:
I always start by shampooing my hair with my current favourite shampoo from Shea Moisture. This shampoo lathers so well and the smell is divine! It's the Frizz Defence Shampoo...



STEP 2:
I follow this with Shea Moisture JBCO - Strengthen & restore treatment mask which is one of the first lines they released and is one of my favourites. It smells so good and leaves your hair feeling soft and nourished plus it's specifically for damaged and coloured hair. I leave this in for about 20minutes and it gives me such good slip to then detangle my hair.



STEP 3:
After rinsing out the hair mask I use the Cantu - Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment. I apply a small amount throughout my hair and this gives my hair a lovely silky texture plus provides extra protection in my hair for everyday damage....it smells AMAZING as well. I also use this as a curl refresher twice a week mainly to my ends and it works a absolute treat!


STEP 4:
This is now followed by the Shea Moisture - Frizz Defence conditioner which I use as my leave in. Just like the shampoo this smells fabulous and lathers on my hair perfectly. 



STEP 5:
The last step in my winter routine is to apply the Umberto Giannini - Curl Whip Mousse. I use 1x puff per side and I prefer using a mousse to a gel as it dries quicker in winter and works better with scrunching my curls which is a must!


Can we just talk about how important scrunching your curls is....it aides and promotes your curls to form & accomplish more definition...unless you're blessed with those perfectly forming curls all the time! You can see a better curl pattern in the scrunched side than the other side.



As its winter I don't air-dry so I use a diffuser as having wet hair for too long will definitely make you sick and that's just not an option.



There it is guys, my current winter routine....My curls are super defined and moisturised! Let me know what curly hair cocktails you use or if you try this and what your results are!


Until next time,

Stay positive & inspired

Love Curly G

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask