Giovanni | Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion Review

Hello Lovelies!




Welcome to the first blog post of 2018......and it's a goodun. I hope you've all started the new year on a positive, strong and determined mentality, ready to take on the world and take some steps closer to your dreams!

2018 is going to be about stepping out of my comfort zone, going after what I want and of course stepping up my blogging game.

Now lets crack on with the actual blog post about the Giovanni Protein Treatment......I have heard a lot about this product and how amazing it is, so of course yours truly put it to the test.





So this product is specifically for dry and damaged hair. The bottle states that it will repair extreme damage by adding body, shine, silky slip and it specifically focuses on frayed, raspy, damaged over processed or coarse hair.....random question of the day, what actually qualifies hair as 'coarse hair'? Is it any hair type that's frizzy and thick or more directed to afro-Caribbean hair? 





I started off with day 7/8 hair and of course it was super frizzy, dry and just a big ol' puff ball!



I shampooed as normal, towel dried and applied the protein treatment. The product itself has a nice thick consistency and it smells fresh but its a pretty bland smell.  It claims to have good slip but with my hair texture this wasn't the case, I did struggle a bit with the detangling process but the more product I applied the easier it was to detangle meaning I ended up using half the bottle. The packaging is fine, nice & simple but they could put a bit more product in there as for us individuals with thick hair use a lot more, so I will only get about 2 uses out of the product.

Following this I shoved my hair in a bun, soaked my microfiber towel in hot water (of course squeeze out any excess water) and wrapped the hot towel on my hair to help with the moisturising process and to open up my pores. I then placed my shower cap over the towel and left the mask on for 20 minutes. The instructions say 3-10 minutes but I prefer 20-30minutes. 











After 20 minutes my hair did feel a little hard and not soft/bouncy but that's pretty standard with protein treatments as they strengthen your hair strands. I washed out the treatment with warm water and my hair instantly felt softer, bouncier and stronger.....I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the difference was noticeable in terms of not only feeling healthier but my curls already were more defined.













This step is optional but I chose to use the Giovanni Weightless Moisture Direct Leave-in conditioner and I proceeded to style my hair as normal.



I used my diffuser to dry my hair as most people are aware the UK weather is not the one to take a gamble on with your hair and the results are below:



My curls look soo much healthier than I have seen them in a while, they're so bouncy, soft and defined! I would certainly recommend this product and I will be using it regularly from now onwards! Let me know if you've tried it and what your results were!

You can purchase both products here:
Giovanni Protein Hair Infusion
Giovanni Weightless Direct Leave In


Until next time,

Stay determined & focused on your goals :)

Curly G

xxx



Comments

  1. Free and paid video games for the free video games
    This is the original video game website for SEGA. If you enjoy video games and want to youtube to mp3 reddit play them, you will need a lot of

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask