Mini Mac Haul


Todays post is all about my first ever mini MAC Haul....I have been into Mac numerous times to purchase items/gifts for other people but never for myself.

I have always been more of a 'Benefit' makeup or drugstore kinda gal....none the less I popped in to grab a few bits and bobs. I'm going to also do a review on the products I purchased as I have been using them for a little while now and have a solid opinion on the products.

So without further adieu were going to crack on.......


The first product I picked up was the 'Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation'

I picked this up in shade NC42 and was majorly excited about it being 'Nourishing' and 'Waterproof'. This product cost me £27.00 and I have been using it for a couple of months now. I will be honest and say that it is Nourishing but there is some oil they've put in the product that causes my skin to break out. I also am not a fan of the shades of colour due me being in-between this one and NC47. The foundation dries a little darker than it initially looks on your skin so be weary of that. The plus side is that it is waterproof and once set doesn't come off that easily.


The 2nd item I picked up in Mac was the matching concealer for the above foundation 'Pro Longwear Concealer'.

I picked this up in the same shade as the foundation NC42 and have been using this product daily. Now I actually really like this concealer because I love the bottle it comes in, I like the creamy texture of the concealer and also I like the coverage it gives your skin. It works a treat on my dark circles under my eyes. This product cost me £18.00 and is one I will most certainly be repurchasing. 


Alright the 3rd product I purchased was the 'Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour'
I picked this up in shade 'So Me' which is a ashy, plumy colour. I have an obsession with matte lipsticks and liquid lip colours....so I had to add this to my collection. This is the main reason I popped into Mac was to get this product and this cost me £17.50. I really like the little oval/heart shaped wand and this liquid lipstick applies on so easily and also stays on for most of the day. I do find it looks better with a darker coloured lip liner beneath it but this is one of my favourites. I will be purchasing more colours from this range. Mac got this one right but then again they are the best when in comes to products for the lips.

Lastly Mac provided me with 2 testers of their 'Mac Prep & Prime Natural Radiance Primer' and 'Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara' 
The primer didn't do much for me to be honest, it didn't moisturise my skin (I have Psoriasis and in some tiny patches on my face it is super super dry) so this product had some shimmer in it but that was about it for me so I didn't like this one.

The mascara on the other hand I did like, it reminded me of Benefits Roller Lash Mascara for making your lashes long but not thick and dramatic. So this one I did like and would probably purchase as a result of the tester tube.

So there you have it ladies, my first Mac Haul. I am such a sucker for drug store products but I am expanding & opening up to trying other more high end makeup. I am keen to try Bobbi Brown, Bare Minerals, Nars, Laura Mercier etc etc.....the list goes on! Let me know of any other brands that are good for us ladies of colour and are also not too harsh on the skin!

I hope you enjoyed my first ever make-up blog, I am so basic with make-up and am far from a pro but I know what I like and what works for me.
Until next time,

Stay Beautiful & Humble

Love Curly G

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask