Curly Hair Product Empties

Hey Ladies,





I know its been a minute since I posted a blog, i've been super busy between jobs and am much more settled now and in a much better head space ...PHEW. I'm just much happier than I have been in months and this is mainly because I left a stressful job and other situations in my life have settled down.

Anyhow lets crack on with the post, I wanted to chat about a few of my product empties and give a mini review on how I fared on with them.







1) SHEA MOISTURE - JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL - STRENGTHEN AND RESTORE TREATMENT MASQUE

This is my favourite product of all the product empties, I mean Shea Moisture just get curls.....honestly the whole JBCO range is delightful and my favourite range they do. I hadn't tried the masque before but I was honestly super chuffed with it. It has a thick consistency and a sweet brown sugar smell which I quite liked. It worked a treat on my hair when I deep conditioned once a week, leaving my hair super moisturised and soft allowing for super bouncy curls. I will definitely be repurchasing this product.


2) PALMERS SHEA FORMULA - CURL REPAIR MOISTURE CONDITIONER



This product was my next favourite to the Shea Moisture JBCO. I have had this product for a while now as it was my 1st official purchase for my curls, comes in a good size and it did not disappoint. It is very good for your hair with no Parabens, Sulphates, Phthalates, Mineral Oils which is gold by curly hair rules. The smell isn't necessarily great but its okay and more subtle than the usual tropical smell you get. My curls absorbed this product in and it gave me great moisture....if you have thinner hair you may use a little at a time as has quite a thick consistency. Another I would definitely repurchase and looking forward to trying the entire range as its pretty affordable.

3) PALMERS MANUKA FORMULA - MANUKA FLOWER HONEY LEAVE IN

I was so excited to buy this product and try it out...I only managed to get the leave-in conditioner as the other ranges were sold out unfortunately, I guess everyone wanted to give it a go when it first came out. I did like the product as a leave in conditioner but mainly for restyling/refreshing purposes and not part of my wash routine. The reason for this is because I found it made my hair a bit sticky like a mouse which I personally didn't like. It doesn't have an overbearing smell which is good and does give good hold to your hair. I am on the fence if I would repurchase this product again.


4) JOHN FRIEDA - FRIZZ EASE MIRACULOUS RECOVERY

Alright this falls in the middle section of the product review because I wasn't sure if I liked the product or not. The product smells good and has a nice silky/milky consistency which I loved. This product definitely made my hair super soft which is what I had an issue with as it over softened my hair making the curls super loose and unfortunately more prone to frizz/less defined curls....maybe I was putting too much but I have a lot of hair on my head and a squirt doesn't do anything for me. The bottle ran out after about 2/3 uses which was disappointing. I think if I do purchase it again I will use it as part of a deep condition concoction.


5) TWISTED SISTA - DE FRIZZ SHAMPOO

Okay so the Twisted Sista brand is one of the first brands I ever noticed that was for curly hair and I used to purchase the '30 second curl spray' back in the day. My absolute favourite thing about this range is the smell......it smells of watermelon and I have an obsession with the smell!! Its divine.... the shampoo obviously has this smell so I love that and as a shampoo it lathers well and works well as a normal shampoo but it does have sulphates which aren't good for curls. I do think its okay to use a sulphate shampoo once in a while but not on a regular basis. I wouldn't repurchase this product but I would buy the curl spray which I still love and I do want to try all their other products including the cleansing shampoo as they have revamped their products/ingredient to be better and free from certain ingredients to be more curl friendly. Stay tuned for this one..... :)


6) PALMERS COCONUT OIL FORMULA - COCONUT OIL REPAIRING CONDITIONER

This Palmers product is at the bottom of the pile for me for a number of reasons. I was so excited to try this product as it looks amazing and there are a list of ingredients it is free from like sulphates and parabens which is great. I purchased this conditioner with the shampoo (I do love the shampoo) but the conditioner has a very over bearing sweet candy/icing smell which began to make me nauseous after smelling it consistently on my hair. The consistency of the product was good, it was thick and creamy which I liked but in all honestly I think It was a bit heavy for my curls as they were weighed down and didn't come out tight and bouncy so I wouldn't suggest using it as a leave in or at least use it with a thinner leave in to balance it.


So there we go, I am looking to keep trying more and more products to see what works in my hair as there is just so much choice out there I am greedy and want to try them all!  I already have products I know work with my hair but I do enjoy trying new stuff.

Next blog will be on the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment so make sure you are following me to stay up to date with that and all the other product reviews coming up including just British Brands and other ones.

Social Media: Make sure you give me a follow!

Twitter:                      @BrightonCurlyG
Instagram:                @BrightonCurlyG

Until next time,

Stay blessed and humble

Love Curly G

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask