Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Hello Ladies,

I've been hearing some pretty good feedback about the Cantu Beauty Products..... so of course yours truly decided to give them a go!



I am going to share with you my current wash and go routine. If you're not sure on what a wash and go routine is (this is where you literally wash your hair, apply some products and leave it be....you don't actually do anything else and leave your natural curls to form).




Right so what products did I choose to use:

- CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN CONDITONING REPAIR CREAM
- CANTU SHEA BUTTER COCONUT CURLING CREAM
- CANTU SHEA BUTTER MOISTURISING CURL ACTIVATOR CREAM


You will also need the following products:

- Natural coconut oil
- Wide tooth comb
- Micro fibre towel or cotton cloth/shirt


STEP 1:
The first step after washing your hair (try to use a sulphate and silicone free shampoo) is to detangle your hair. I use a wide tooth comb and my fingers for this....I find sometimes detangling is the most stressful part of my wash and go (you know the knots and tangles just don't want to quit and it gets tiring yo!).




STEP 2:
Now ensure those locks are still soaking wet (use a spray bottle or re-dampen your hair). Apply the Cantu Leave in Conditioner - Repair Cream. This product comes in a pretty good sized bottle so it will last a while (I hate it when you've purchased a leave in conditioner and they ALWAYS give you this itty bitty bottle?! Like this will only last a maximum of 3 washes so Cantu you get it....thank you).

It smells pretty good, not as fabulous as I would've liked but its okay. I wasn't convinced with the consistency of this product, it didn't feel very moisturising in my hair so as us curly girls do we apply an extremely generous amount. I know its a pain but carry on finger detangling your hair during the product application.




STEP 3:
The next product I used was the Cantu Shea Butter - Coconut Curling Cream.....let me just take a minute for this product! Its smells divine and YES, YES, YES Cantu the consistency for this product is perfection! Its not too thick or thin just has a really creamy consistency (does a happy dance) and the bottle is a good size again.

I separate my hair and apply a small dollop into my hands to spread through the small chunks of my hair and this to make sure this product is spread evenly in my hair (not forgetting to finger detangle  through this process...honestly this is key for bouncy curls).







STEP 4:
The next step is using the Cantu Shea Butter - Moisturising Curl Activator Cream. I do like this product but prefer the coconut curling cream. It is quite a thick consistency (thickest of all the products and it is difficult to get out of the bottle so I just removed the lid). Its a good size bottle again and smells pretty good too! If your hair needs a lot of product then this will work great for you.




I use a little bit of this product into my hair as its so thick I don't want to put too much in (it may weigh down your curls). I whip my hair forward and apply this Curl Cream and whip it back and apply a little bit more to my ends.





STEP 5:
The next step is one I always do for any wash and go (well any time I wash my hair). I use coconut oil and rub this in my hands until it is a oil and crunch this into my curls. I do this to lock in all the products I have used in my hair to add a little extra moisture. (Okay ill be honest I use coconut oil 24/7 in my hair and I use it for a lot of beauty hacks too....coconut oil has such great qualities for sooo many different things and if you don't know this then girl you better get to know this).






STEP 6:
The final step in my wash and go is to use my micro-fibre towel to crunch my hair. I do this for 5 - 10 minutes and this speeds up the drying process. Once this is done LEAVE that hair alone until its dry and WHALAA that's it.






This is my hair 100% dry. My curls really felt so so soft and bouncy I had the biggest grin on my face all day! Honestly when your hair feels good, it genuinely affects your mood and I felt like a million bucks! I was bobbing my hair all over the place plus my hair smelt so good everyone was complimenting me on it.








Overall I do really like the Cantu Range, my hair takes well to it. I like the colouring of the bottle its pretty similar to some of the Shea Moisture Products but the great thing is they cost half the price of Shea Moisture. I bought my products online from Beauty By Zara but you can purchase these from Amazon and other companies sell them online too just google it.

Social Media: Make sure you give me a follow!

Twitter:                      @BrightonCurlyG
Instagram:                  @BrightonCurlyG

Until next time ladies,

Stay inspired and motivated,

Love Curly G xx




Comments

  1. Nice blog! Really helpful how you show the process of application of products for curly hair, and for my personal use i've used alot of products but The Juice Beauty's Collection of curly hair products have worked the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask