How To Wrap Your Hair

Hey Ladies,

Wrapping your hair is a great way of locking in moisture and also is great for keeping your natural hair or your weave straight.

I usually wrap my hair when I have curled it (of course using a low heat method..... gotta avoid heat damage). If you guys want to know about my low heat method just 'Holla' in the comments below and I will be sure to do a blog on it.

Anyway this is a super quick method my mother taught me and I'm going to show you guys step by step, so here we go:




So here is what you will need:

- Wide Tooth Comb/Denham Brush
- Coconut/Argan Oil
- Head Scarf (Cotton, Satin, Silk)


STEP 1:

The first thing I always do is put some sort of an oil into my hair usually Coconut or Argan oil but you may choose whatever oil/moisturiser you feel most comfortable with. After applying this I just comb out my hair using a wide tooth comb to get any knots or tangle out and this just prepares your hair to be wrapped.


STEP 2
Now you can choose to use a Dehman Brush or a wide tooth comb it is completely optional.....I prefer to use the Wide tooth comb but the Denham brush would be easier if this your first attempt. You are going to make a side parting in your hair (whichever side you prefer) and then scoop your hair to the front of your shoulders and comb it again.



STEP 3:
The 3rd step is to take 1/4 of your hair  where the side parting is and comb this over to the other side. Now I always use my hand as a guide to do this and I place my thumb in the middle of my head, then use your free fingers to help hold and guide the hair you are brushing/combing over.





STEP 4:

The 4th step it to continue wrapping your hair around your head using your thumb and fingers as your guides. You may choose to use bobbi pins or clips to secure your wrap when your happy with it.







STEP 5:
The final step is to put your scarf over your head and secure it. It is best to use a cotton, silk or satin scarf and then you are all done!




It may take a few attempts to get it perfect but just with anything else in life practise makes perfect so don't worry if your first attempts aren't great. It definitely took me a few attempts to do it properly.


Until next time ladies....

Stay positive and inspired

Love Curly G

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask