Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment



I have been hearing so many amazing things about this product and how it has helped so many different people get their curls back.... so yours truly decided to test it out.




I purchased stage 1 (Protein Treatment) and stage 2 (Balancing Moisturiser) from Ebay but they are available on Amazon or some afro hair salons will have these products available. I used the products twice with 6 weeks apart as per the instructions. My hair was super damaged as I had bleached it, dyed it and toned it with my DIY at home colouring which had gone a bit more ginger than the ash blonde I had hoped for. Anyway the point is my curls were damaged  and were so loose it was driving me nuts. (Please note the instructions are very specific and must be followed step by step when you use this treatment as it does state for professional use only)


So the first step is to shampoo your hair as normal (I had pre pooed my hair to get the best results) and then applied Stage 1 (Protein Treatment) to blot dried hair. The product does have an incredibly sticky texture, is a yellowy/orangey colour and has an unpleasant smell but it wasn't quite as bad as people had been advising. It comes in a small bottle so I could only get 2 uses out of it.


You have to make sure your hair completely saturated and as soon as your hair starts drying 'DO NOT TOUCH AND/OR MANIPULATE YOUR HAIR UNTIL 100% DRY'.......this is key to the way this product works as your hair will dry rock hard which is how it works so don't panic when this happens. You can diffuse/blow dry but be careful to not move or shake your hair too much or just air dry.

After your hair is 100% dry which you can tell by how hard and stiff your hair is, it's time to rinse with warm water and apply Stage 2 (Balancing Moisturiser). Now this comes in a bigger bottle and I still have half this bottle. You apply in your hair for a few minutes and then rinse again with warm water and this product makes your hair so so soft!! I was pleasantly surprised with the contrast to the stiff/hardness of the protein treatment.



Alright so after this style as normal. This first time I used this protein treatment I was blown away to be honest, my curls felt so soft/bouncy and my curls were definitely much tighter than they were before. My hair felt stronger and I definitely had less shedding in my day to day hair.

I did the 2nd treatment after 6weeks and the results weren't as good as the first time if I am honest. My curls definitely felt soft and healthier but not as bouncy and tight as the first time around, I am not sure why the 2nd usage gave this outcome but it did help with less shedding in my day to day which was great!

This was my hair before I had really loose curls and this was 4day hair bearing in mind and the after using Aphogee.


If you know of other good hair repair treatments then please let me know as I am keen to try them out. If you have used this treatment before let me know about how it worked on your hair and if you are thinking about trying the treatment I hope this has helped and given some insight.

Social Media: Make sure you give me a follow!

Twitter:                      @BrightonCurlyG
Instagram:                @BrightonCurlyG

Until next time,

Stay Fabulous

Love Curly G

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash and Go Routine ft. Cantu Beauty Products | Curly Hair

Super Easy DIY Hair Mask